The loch has now fished well throughout April and has recorded some great catches for some visiting clubs and day anglers. Best catches recorded have been from boathouse bay, pump house, first fence and first jetty. On fly from boat bill bowman and grandson had 7 rainbows on black viva and black fritz on intermediate lines.
- The Dow party had 43 rainbows on bait and fly.
- Jimmy Coxfords visit at first fence caught 54 rainbows
- Kenny Malcomson 12 rainbows at first jetty
- William Smith and Stevie Woodford had 69 rainbows at old Boathouse bay
- Dow angling club had 43 rainbows along first shore on bait
- Black bull lads had 17 rainbows on bait at first fence
- Lillybank angling club had 30 rainbows along first shore and boathouseBay on bait
- Albion anglers had 57 rainbows from jetty’s Pumphouse and first fence
- John Smiths memorial day lads had 80 rainbows from all around the loch on bait
On Fly at loch Quien
Best catches have been from the Scalpsie shore and the bird hide shore. Dunrod angling club managed 7 quality brown trout up to 3lb 8 oz on black Buzzers and small spiders and mini green lures. John McInairnie and James Malcolm had 20 brown trout all over Quien with best fish 3lb 14 on intermediate lines, Black spiders and buzzers.
Ruaridh , Peter Davidson Jnr and Jim Henderson’s day out at Loch Fad.
Bright and sunny with a North West cold wind made things a bit hard yesterday but the lads got a few for the pot.